Summary of the Article
Normative assumptions in the article
- Is it possible that the three research cultures are bridged/equalized?
- Is open science able to induce such changes that lead to bridging the three cultures of research?
- What does bridging mean and how could it be done?
- What kind of bridging is reasonable?
- Could bridging activities destroy valuable scientific structures?
What is 'bridging'?
What bridging coud be
- Sidler, M. (2014). Open Science and the Three Cultures, Expanding Open Science to all Domains of Knowledge Creation. In: Bartling, S. & Friesike, S. (Eds.). Opening Science, The Evolving Guide on How the Internet is Changing Research, Collaboration and Scholarly Publishing.